Handcrafted in Italy and as an industry first the Aerowing Lamon features an ecologically produced, bio-based frame material with the use of vegetable oils that is durable, lightweight, strong and withstands the harshest conditions – all while reducing our carbon footprint.
- This radical new shape features bio-inspired, novelty design elements that increase protection and fit while reducing aerodynamic impact. The wing-like lens design with slitted trailing edges diffuses air to exit smoothly along the side of the lens.
- Diffusion of the air flow at the edges of the lens also helps to pull more fresh air behind the lens avoiding fogging up. Two air vent ducts provide additional airflow.
- Cylindrical base-6 shield lens interchangeable - large Field of Vision
- Increased face protection
- Slitted trailing edge air diffusors
- Two air vent ducts
- Lens color: Multimirror Bronze
- Light Transmission: 17 %
- Filter Category: 3
- Light Conditions: Bright Light
- Contrast: Increased
- Ecologically produced frame material from bio-based polyamides
- Double-Click interchangeable nose pads
- Flexible and adjustable temple arms
- Temples Clip Switch™ System
- No nonsense, straightforward protection when you need it - whether is in the blazing sun or winter's glare, these lenses are your everyday activity go-to. A specially designed multi-mirror coating treatment on the Scicon Sports SCN-PP™ lens range adapts perfectly to bright light conditions and is optically tuned in a wide range of colors offers unparalleled viewing comfort in any atmospheric situation that may arise for any athlete.
- Scicon Sport's SCN-PP™ lenses are made from unique polycarbonate materials giving the lenses an extraordinary ability to withstand high impact trauma, whilst being able to withstand loads of over 30 times higher than CR 39 Lenses and 60 times compared to mineral glass lenses.
- Specifically made for bright sunny light, we put extensive design and research emphasis on ensuring that our lenses provide the wearer with 100 % protection from harmful UV A / B / C rays promoting overall eye-wellbeing. The polycarbonate with which the SCN-PP™ lenses are produced is the only material able to ''block'' all radiation with a wavelength below 380 nm. Other materials can perform the same function, but only after particular treatments.
- Rider comfort is as important as visual clarity and wellbeing, this is achieved by the lightweight characteristics of the polycarbonate (1.20 gr./cm3). Scicon Sport’s SCN-PP™ Lenses are offered in a range of colors based on the specific visual needs for various sporting activities.
KEY FEATURES OF SCN-PP™ Multi-Mirror LENSES:
- Scicon Sports SCN-PP™ Multi-Mirror coating is an ultra-thin metallic layer on the outside layer of the lens, which as the name suggests provides wearing with a mirrored effect not only visually but functionally too.
- Varying in the levels of mirror intensity from a glossy mirror to a more intense mirror. Based on the level of ''mirror'' multi mirrored lenses reflect the sun's glare away from the surface of the lens, reducing the amount of light that is entering the eyes when the glasses are worn and offering 100 % UVA and UVB protection.
- SCN-PP™ lenses are made from a unique combination of polymer materials that offer a higher scratch-resistant surface than regular lens types.
- Rider comfort is as important as visual clarity, this is achieved by the lightweight characteristics of the polymer (1.20 gr. / cm3) used in creating our SCN-PP™ lenses.
- SCN-PP™ lenses have lower refraction index internal stress and chromatic dispersion (Abbe Number) than Polycarbonate resulting in higher definition and sharper image.
HYDROPHOBIC + OLEOPHOBIC
- Makes it nearly impossible for foreign bodies to latch on to lenses. It allows drops of water, grease, chemicals, dirt, to slip from the surface of the lenses. Facilitates easy cleaning.
HIGH IMPACT RESISTANCE
- The unique polymer compound used in our lenses is extremely resistant, able to withstand loads of over 30 times higher than CR 39 Lenses, and 60 times compared to mineral glass lenses.
- Unlike Polycarbonate and Polyamide, polymer SCN-PP lenses are not damaged by common chemicals or solvents such as acetone, methyl alcohol or gasoline.
- SCN-PP™ lens is engineered to produce a specific spectral curve that optimizes transmittance across the entire light spectrum. Far more than a cosmetic characteristic, the color of an SCN-PP lens is a critical component that filters light at different wavelengths to enhance the visual experience of the wearer by controlling contrast, color and definition.