Developed with vision enhancing engineering to suit the needs of world class athletes, the Aeroshade Sport Performance Sunglasses with a cylindrical shield lens improve your vision and performance.
- Your most versatile pair of quality sport performance sunglasses with a custom fit for total comfort and protection.
- Designed for intensive use in outdoor sports
- Cylindrical base-6 shield lens impact resistant
- Interchangeable Lens System
- Lens Color: Photochromic Black
- Light Transmission: 23 % - 90 %
- Filter Category: 1-3
- Light Conditions: Bright Light
- Large field of vision
- Exchangeable nose pads
- Flexible and adjustable temple arms
- Total ergonomic adaptability
- Temples with Clip Switch™ System
- No nonsense, straightforward protection when you need it - whether is in the blazing sun or winter's glare, these lenses are your everyday activity go-to. A specially designed multi-mirror coating treatment on the Scicon Sports SCN-PP™ lens range adapts perfectly to bright light conditions and is optically tuned in a wide range of colors offers unparalleled viewing comfort in any atmospheric situation that may arise for any athlete.
- Scicon Sport's SCN-PP™ lenses are made from unique polycarbonate materials giving the lenses an extraordinary ability to withstand high impact trauma, whilst being able to withstand loads of over 30 times higher than CR 39 Lenses and 60 times compared to mineral glass lenses.
- Specifically made for bright sunny light, we put extensive design and research emphasis on ensuring that our lenses provide the wearer with 100 % protection from harmful UV A / B / C rays promoting overall eye-wellbeing. The polycarbonate with which the SCN-PP™ lenses are produced is the only material able to ''block'' all radiation with a wavelength below 380 nm. Other materials can perform the same function, but only after particular treatments.
- Rider comfort is as important as visual clarity and wellbeing, this is achieved by the lightweight characteristics of the polycarbonate (1.20 gr./cm3). Scicon Sport’s SCN-PP™ Lenses are offered in a range of colors based on the specific visual needs for various sporting activities.
KEY FEATURES OF SCN-PP™ Photochromic LENSES:
- Photochromic lenses are optical lenses that darken on exposure to specific types of light of sufficient intensity, most commonly ultraviolet (UV) radiation. In the absence of activating light, the lenses return to their clear state.
- SCN-PP™ photochromic lenses optimize safety and performance to meet the uncompromising demands of professional athletes who settle for nothing less than the clearest, sharpest, and most accurate vision.
- It offers truer, more accurate visibility when up against conventional lenses that magnify images and make objects appear shifted from their true position.
- SCN-PP™ lenses are made from a unique combination of polymer materials that offer a higher scratch-resistant surface than regular lens types.
- Rider comfort is as important as visual clarity, this is achieved by the lightweight characteristics of the polymer (1.20 gr. / cm3) used in creating our SCN-PP™ lenses.
- SCN-PP™ lenses have lower refraction index internal stress and chromatic dispersion (Abbe Number) than Polycarbonate resulting in higher definition and sharper image.
HYDROPHOBIC + OLEOPHOBIC
- Makes it nearly impossible for foreign bodies to latch on to lenses. It allows drops of water, grease, chemicals, dirt, to slip from the surface of the lenses. Facilitates easy cleaning.
HIGH IMPACT RESISTANCE
- The unique polymer compound used in our lenses is extremely resistant, able to withstand loads of over 30 times higher than CR 39 Lenses, and 60 times compared to mineral glass lenses.
- Unlike Polycarbonate and Polyamide, polymer SCN-PP lenses are not damaged by common chemicals or solvents such as acetone, methyl alcohol or gasoline.
- SCN-PP™ lens is engineered to produce a specific spectral curve that optimizes transmittance across the entire light spectrum. Far more than a cosmetic characteristic, the color of an SCN-PP lens is a critical component that filters light at different wavelengths to enhance the visual experience of the wearer by controlling contrast, color and definition.
DYNAMIC BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
- SCN-PP™ photochromic lenses respond to changing light conditions by adjusting the level of tint from lighter to darker. Instead of a static sun lens that’s either too dark or too light, SCN-PP photochromic lenses enhance the visual experience by dynamically controlling transmittance, allowing them to translate light in any weather condition for maximum comfort and performance.